In today’s rapidly evolving digital age, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) stand as monumental breakthroughs, reshaping industries and redefining what’s possible. From ChatGPT, which can converse with us seamlessly, to Tesla’s self-driving cars that navigate bustling city streets on their own, the marvels of AI and ML are evident everywhere. Our course offers young minds a unique opportunity to delve into this exhilarating world. Tailored specifically for middle and high school students, our curriculum demystifies these advanced technologies, making them both accessible and captivating. By exploring real-world examples and fostering a deep understanding of AI and ML, we’re not just teaching students about today’s tech innovations; we’re equipping them for tomorrow’s challenges.
Technologies utilized in this class
- Python programming language. This is not an Introduction To Python course. Strong familiarity with Python is the pre-requisite of this class. Ideally, you should have already taken Introduction To Python and Python OOP courses from my school.
- Fast.AI python library.
- Google Colab Jupyter notebooks.
In AYC Logic coding school, we want to introduce our students to the world of AI and ML by creating interesting and appealing projects like the following:
Create a machine learning program that can recognize if it is an image of bird or not a bird. Hotdog or not a hotdog.
Number handwriting recognition
Create a machine learning program that can recognize your number handwriting.
Sinking Titanic Passenger Survival Rate
The tragic event of the Titanic’s sinking remains one of the most notable maritime disasters in history.
On its inaugural journey on April 15, 1912, the RMS Titanic, often believed to be “indestructible,” met its fate by striking an iceberg. Regrettably, due to a shortage of lifeboats, 1502 of the 2224 passengers and crew members lost their lives.
Survival did have an element of chance, but it appears that certain groups had a higher likelihood of survival than others.
In this task, we invite you to develop a model to predict: “Which types of individuals had a better chance of survival?” utilizing details from the passenger list, such as names, ages, genders, socio-economic backgrounds, and more.
Boston Housing Price prediction
Image by Freepik
Learn how to create a program that can predict price of a house based on number of rooms, non-retail business around the area
Person or No Person In Front Of Camera
In this project, students will learn how to detect if there is a person in front of camera. If a person is there, then the camera will be displaying the image in color. Otherwise, black and white.
- Price: $35 / hour or $140 / month (4 weeks in a month)
- Small online group class with live teacher: 4 to 6 students / class
- New student registration fee: $25.
- Prerequisites of this class would be completion of Intro To Python and Python OOP. Or strong familiarity with Python programming language.
- This class will take about 5 to 6 months (once a week) to complete.
- There are no make up class for this class. If the student don’t come to the class, he/she will lose the credit. However, a recording for this class will be provided.
- Refund can be made any time during the course as long as it is made 2 weeks in advance.
- There will be homework every week. Parents are encouraged to remind kids to do their homework every week. If they don’t try their homework, they will get left behind. If they need help with their homework, they can email the instructor’s emails.