What is 3D animation?
3D animation is the art of using motion to bring characters, vehicles, props, and more to life. Here, student will learn how to animate a character and bring them to live.
In this introduction to animation class where student will learn about 12 principles of animation and how to apply those principles to simple basic movement from bouncing ball up to walk cycle. The goal from this course is to have a strong foundation and for student to understand how animation works. We will share knowledge on how to work within the software, tips and tricks and animation work flow.
What you’ll learn?
- Learn how to use 3D animation software (Autodesk Maya)
- learn how to use animation rigs.
- learn how to animate an object/character using the 12 principle of animations:
- Squash and Stretch
- Straight Ahead Action and Pose-to-Pose
- Follow Through and Overlapping Action
- Ease In, Ease Out
- Secondary Action
- Solid Drawing
- 6th grade or higher.
- Install Autodesk Maya on your computer: Autodesk Maya is FREE for qualified students. Please create an account and follow the student’s verification process via here https://www.autodesk.com/education/edu-software/overview?sorting=featured&filters=individual
- This class will take about 6 months (once a week) to complete or about 24 sessions. For younger students, elementary students, we might add a couple of sessions depending on their level of understanding.
- There are no make up class for this class. If the student don’t come to the class, he/she will lose the credit. However, a recording for this class will be provided.
- There will be homework every week. Parents are encouraged to remind kids to do their homework every week. If they don’t try their homework, they will get left behind. If they need help with their homework, they can email the instructor’s emails.
- Parents are expected to make monthly tuition fee payment in the beginning of the month via the following methods
- Zelle to email@example.com
- Credit card online, there is 3% surcharge. Let us know if you choose this method as we have to create an invoice.
- Check payable to AYCLOGIC and mail to 9127 Ardendale Avenue, San Gabriel, CA 91775.