Why do you want to learn Java? You may ask. Well, let me give you several reasons:
- There are 9 million software engineers using Java.
- There are 3 billion devices that are using Java .
- Minecraft game which commands 112 million players every month is made in Java. AYCLOGIC offer minecraft modding class by the way.
- Many big companies utilize Java: Google, Facebook, Amazon and many more.
- Mars Rover robot is using Java. https://www.cnet.com/news/java-runs-remote-controlled-mars-rover/
- All of our Android cellphone devices are using Java.
- Many big companies willing to pay a lot of money: https://www.indeed.com/career/java-developer/salaries/CA
In this course, you will learn a basic foundation in Java syntax, which is the first step towards becoming a successful Java developer. You’ll learn how computers make decisions and how Java keeps track of information through variables and data types. You’ll learn to create conditional statements, functions, and control flow to process information and solve problems.
You’ll even learn to use IntelliJ, a Java IDE (Integrated Development Environment) that professional developers use, to build, compile, and debug your code. These are foundational programming skills, and mastering them is a must for all aspiring programmers.
Students will learn the following:
- Data types
- How to get input from console.
- Control Flows
- if else statements
- loops: for loop, while loop
- Collection API:
- Random number generator.
- Object Oriented Programming (OOP):
- Classes, Objects and Methods
- SchoolSystem – a system that can keep track of students and teacher informations. This project will utilize Classes, Objects, methods, List and Map concepts.
- MonsterAdventure Game – a simple console based game where user will be able to fight different monsters such as dragon, troll, water golem using different types of magic attacks: fire, water, earth, wind magic. Some monster like dragon will have immunity against fire magic attack. This project will utilize Class, Objects, methods, Map, Random generator and Inheritance concepts.
- Bank System where user can create a new account, deposit and withdraw money.
- Small Android mobile application – Temperature Converter
- This simple android app will enable user to convert temperature from Fahrenheit to Celcius, Celcius to Fahrenheit, Fahrenheith to Kelvin. This is a real android application using Java and Android studio that is deployable to real android phone.
- Utilize Java 17, IntelliJ Java Editor and Android Studio.
This is a 34 hours course.
- Price: $35 / hour or $140 / month (4 weeks in a month)
- Small online group class with live teacher: 4 to 6 students / class
- New student registration fee: $25.
- This class will take about 8 months (once a week) to complete or about 34 sessions.
- There are no make up class for this class. If the student don’t come to the class, he/she will lose the credit. However, a recording for this class will be provided.
- Refund has to be requested 2 weeks in advance.
- There will be homework every week. Parents are encouraged to remind kids to do their homework every week. If they don’t try their homework, they will get left behind. If they need help with their homework, they can email the instructor’s emails.
- The grading will be according to the following criteria
- homeworks: 10 %
- 1 in-class quiz (1 hour): 10%
- 1 in-class final test (2 hours): 80%
- To graduate from the class, your students need to get 70% from the final test